|Personalized Support to Members
of the Association
- Reception, references, and support.
- Information on various resources.
Example: shoes and clothing suitable for little people.
- Technical aids: references or equipment
loans. Example: bicycles, car pedal extensions.
- Adaptation of the physical environment
(at home, work, school).
- Support for social integration. Example:
references for job search, twinning with other members, social
- Support of individuals to assert their
rights. Example: getting parking stickers for disabled people.
- Distribution of a newsletter three times
Defense of the Rights and Interests of Little People
- Approach governments and administrative
bodies to inform them of the specific needs of little people.
- Work together with organizations
representing persons with disabilities.
- Carry out political action to gain
recognition of dwarfism as a disability in itself.
- Participate in study or training groups.
Example: opinion on the new metro cars.
- Information sent to health and social
services professionals (occupational therapists, physiotherapists,
social workers, etc.)
- Information for students as part of their
homework on dwarfism.
- Outreach activities in schools.
- Meetings with the media.
- Contacts with specialized companies in
order to develop adapted items.
- Publication of papers, reports, and